Friday Night and I’m Where … ?
It’s Friday night at 1am, though I guess that’s Saturday morning.
I just finished the homework and studying that I needed to do tonight. I’ve got more later this weekend but am going to relax with my friends, too. There are a couple of bookstore things, Christina Asquith and Shakespeare. Neither will help with my classes but they interest me.
This semester has been tough, I admit. I always work hard, but this semester I’m having to work really, really hard. On the other hand, I’m learning a lot so I guess that’s the important thing.
Things I am thankful for:
- I have great friends here at school.
- I have great professors who always encourage me and take a personal interest in their students.
- Lots of smart and interesting people read my blog. Sometimes they think I’m wrong but they’re always very supportive and have constructive things to say.
- I’ve lost seven of the 11 pounds I gained last semester.
- I’m not Lindsay Lohan.
- My mother drives me crazy sometimes, but my parents would do anything to help me be the best person I can be.
- The movie “Kick-Ass” just opened at the Tower. I’m kind of interested but it sounds gory. I might wait and hear what other people say about it before I go.
- “Gossip Girl” has been good this spring, even though I’m so busy that I sometimes don’t get to watch it. I hope that Blair and Chuck get back together. It was stupid for Serena to leave Dorota’s wedding without telling Nate where she was going and why, especially since she was leaving with Carter. Jenny is a b*tch but I’ve never liked her much anyway. The fashions are amazing, but they’re a big part of why we watch the show. I’m actually a little thankful that I don’t look as good as Serena, because I’d probably never get any studying done. 🙂
On the other hand, I think that Serena’s ex, Dan Humphrey, might make a guest appearance in my dreams tonight. That would be fun. In fact, I think that I’ll get working on it right now.
Good night, and have a wonderful weekend! Ttys …
Copyright 2010 by Rinth de Shadley.
"Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door."
-- Emily Dickinson
Rinth’s Recent Ramblings
- “Rinth de Shadley, M.D.”
- Martha Nussbaum and Me
- Studying Naked
- Sex on the Brain
- We Can’t Read Minds
- Liberal Arts Grad = Starbucks Barista?
- Putting My Diagnosis Where My Mouth Is
- Praying to be Straight? Why?
- Sneaky Scientists Undermine Patriotic Ignorance
- Political Realism Bites
- Whither Weather?
- Stupid Pickup Lines
- How to Help Japanese Disaster Victims
- No Sex in Graveyards